cryptocurrency forum

Beginner Guide What is Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Bootcamp' started by xyzzy, Jan 10, 2018.

1. spindle.ico

spindle.ico Contributor

Credits
    59%
    I wonder when crypto would be massively used. Hopefully in the nearest future

2. JohnChart

JohnChart Contributor

Credits
    10%
    You have explained very well.
    thanks so much.

3. Zei0801

Zei0801 Contributor

Credits
    6%
    Good article about bitcoin. It is really interesting to learn and earn through this new digital crypto currencies.

4. angy

angy Contributor

Credits
    12%
    I heard about FuturoCoin, DraftCoin and DeepOnion. can you tell me something more?

5. Zei0801

Zei0801 Contributor

Credits
    6%
    Thank you explaining it.

6. Colette Jackman

Colette Jackman Beginner

Credits
    90%
    CRYPTO HEADLINES — April 24, 2018

1. Bitcoin Value Is On The Verge Of Another ‘Price Explosion’
    Bitcoin is primed for another “price explosion” that could see the cryptocurrency’s value soar to even greater levels than it experienced in 2017, according to analysts. The price predictions come amid significant gains across cryptocurrency markets in recent weeks that have seen bitcoin rise by more than a third in value to return above $9,000 for the first time since March. Read more at Independent.
    2. One in 5 finance firms are considering trading cryptocurrencies
    A fifth of financial firms are considering getting into cryptocurrency trading within the next year, according to an industry poll by Thomson Reuters. A survey of over 400 Reuters clients found that one in five is considering getting into crypto, with the majority weighing a push into the market within the next six months. Read more at BusinessInsider.
    3. Japan’s 16 Licensed Cryptocurrency Exchanges Launch Self-Regulatory Body
    A concentrated effort among 16 licensed Japanese cryptocurrency exchange operators to ‘restore confidence’ in the sector following the $530 million Coincheck theft in January has finally seen the launch of a self-regulatory body. In a report by Japanese news outlet Asahi Shimbun on Tuesday, sixteen cryptocurrency exchanges currently registered and licensed by the Financial Services Agency (FSA), the country’s financial regulator, have launched a self-regulating body that will be known as the ‘Japanese Cryptocurrency Exchange Association’. Read more at CCN.

7. angy

angy Contributor

Credits
    12%
    I heard about FuturoCoin, DraftCoin and DeepOnion. can you tell me something more?

8. Colette Jackman

Colette Jackman Beginner

Credits
    90%
    Lightning network, simply explained!

Bitcoin moved the internet of things through its easy to use the platform and the accessibility of features it offers but its scalability is a big issue. It offers only 7 transactions per second and the transaction time differs according to the demand which does not make this as an optimum alternative to FIAT. Lightning network allows Bitcoin users to create a personal payment channel within the parties involved in the transactions. Through these channels or gateways, payments can be sent or received with minimal or no wait times.

9. Colette Jackman

Colette Jackman Beginner

Credits
    90%
    TOP CRYPTO NEWS — April 26, 2018

1. The 17 Millionth Bitcoin Is About to Be Mined
    Bitcoin’s limited supply is about to get a bit more limited. Barring an unforeseen event, the 17 millionth bitcoin is likely to be mined in the coming day, data from Block chain show, a development that would mark yet another milestone for the world’s first cryptocurrency. That’s because as per bitcoin’s current rules, only 21 million bitcoins can ever be created. Now only 4 more million Bitcoins left to be generated. Read more at Coin Desk.
    2. Chilean Court Orders Banks to Re-Open Cryptocurrency Exchange Accounts
    Chile’s anti-monopoly court recently ordered two major Chilean banks to re-open the accounts of one of the country’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, Buda. Buda’s lawsuit continues against 10 Chilean banks, including the two ordered to re-open its accounts. The exchange sued the banks after its accounts were closed in a move it dubbed “arbitrary” and “unjustified.” Read more at CCN.
    3. Mt. Gox moves 16,000 BTC and 16,000 BCH coins out of its wallets
    You can expect some serious volatility in the cryptocurrency market over the next few days if history is any indication. Mt. Gox, one of the most controversial exchange platform which was declared bankrupt and which went down in 2014, along with 850,000 of its user's Bitcoin — has moved another huge batch of its remaining funds to consolidated wallets. Mt. Gox has moved 16000 BTC from its cold wallet addresses today. The wallet has moved 2000 BTC eight times today and has been moved to various accounts. Read more at TheNextWeb.

10. kellyon

kellyon Beginner

Credits
    30%
    was useful to read, tnx

11. theminery

theminery Contributor

Credits
    16%
    Very useful information for many. The author of respect!

12. Jerry Red

Jerry Red Beginner

Credits
    20%
    Bitcoin is also known as a digital asset because people holds and then sells when prices are high to benefit them enough. Anyways very informative, thanks for sharing your knowledge over it!

13. WhiteEagle

WhiteEagle Contributor

Credits
    12%
    BTC is an archetype of cryptocurrency which revolutionized the world. However i thing that future of market are alt coins, especially these with rock stable rate like Nebula Network. it's coin independent from BTC rate turbulences.

14. ICODA

ICODA Contributor

Credits
    52%
    Thanks for the information!

15. David Michaels

David Michaels Contributor

Credits
    7%
    Bitcoin is a new currency that was created in 2009 by an unknown person using the alias Satoshi Nakamoto. Transactions are made with no middle men – meaning, no banks! Bitcoin can be used to book hotels on Expedia, shop for furniture on Overstock and buy Xbox games. But much of the hype is about getting rich by trading it. The price of bitcoin skyrocketed into the thousands in 2018.

16. ICODA

ICODA Contributor

Credits
    52%
    That is true, but onle those who understand how it works can become rich in this kind of business.

17. Novakart

Novakart Beginner

Credits
    70%
    It was pretty useful. Thanks a lot.

18. Angla Watson

Angla Watson Contributor

Credits
    6%
    Bitcoin means different things to different people. For some, it is a future of freely moving currency untied to any central bank. To others, it is a purely digital entity of questionable value and dubious origin. But what is Bitcoin, in the most basic sense?

19. ICODA

ICODA Contributor

Credits
    52%
    I guess, this is back up plan for the whole World. If something happens we will always have an option.

20. evanha11

evanha11 Contributor

Credits
    7%
    Guys, I’m like super newbie in crypto. I only know that you can mine without buying your own equipment. I’m really willing to try. But, I the only thing I understand is that there’s nothing I really understand about how it all works in crypto. So, I am afraid to lose my money. Who can say something about this website? http://ccgminingcode.com/ . Can I mine there? Or it’s just these codes?