cryptocurrency forum

Online Wallets And Hardware Wallets

Discussion in 'Intermediate Level' started by hasyu, Apr 10, 2018.

1. hasyu

hasyu Contributor

Credits
    41%
    Online wallets offer better convenience. You can generally access your Bitcoin from any device i.e, cellphone laptop TAB if you have the right passwords. All are easy to set up. The disadvantage is the lower in security. With your private keys stored in the cloud, you have to trust the host's security measures.

Hardware wallets
    are small devices that occasionally connect to the web to do crypto-currency transactions. They are extremely secure than online wallets, as they are usually offline and therefore not hack able by hackers. However, they can be stolen or lost thats the disadvantage. Some large investors keep their hardware wallets in secure locations such as bank vaults and safes.

Jayko likes this.
  2. Jayko

Jayko Scholar

Credits
    4%
    Yeah, I've used both types of wallets, and in my opinion, online can be more useful at times.

JakalCorp and SnakeGamer like this.
  3. xyzzy

xyzzy Master of None Staff Member Super Admin

Credits
    91%
    They're definitely more convenient, that's for sure!

Jayko likes this.
  4. profitboss

profitboss Beginner

Credits
    50%
    I use offline and online for certain things. I tend to store most offline in a trezor or paper wallet.

Jayko likes this.
  5. RythshiP

RythshiP Beginner

Credits
    30%
    I am using Ethos wallet for coins not supported on ledger and it is functioning quite well

6. Marco

Marco Contributor

Credits
    19%
  7. RythshiP

RythshiP Beginner

Credits
    30%
    UPDATE!! Ethos wallet holds 100+ tokens/coins and not in investment pools for free I might add. They have no access to them but has also today announced a full partnership / integration with Shapeshift. This is huge! In two months or so will also be able to do swaps within the wallet. Yes , that is huge. The wallet itself is doing the job but they are still doing continuous improvements as it is not perfected yet. This wallet is far superior to any old or new and has just started with Worldwide Deployment. I highly suggest checking it out once again.