Litecoin (LTC)

NEM (XEM)

Ripple (XRP)

Ethereum Classic (ETC)

Dash (DASH)

Monero (XMR)

Syscoin (SYS)

Navcoin (NAV)

Click here to start trading on the Binance exchange. Any proceeds will go towards maintaining this

bitcoin forum

Expert Guide How to Become a Whale

Discussion in 'Expert Level' started by GuardianofCrypto, Sep 4, 2017.

1. GuardianofCrypto

GuardianofCrypto Master of Trolls Staff Member Super Admin

Credits
    3%
    Think like a Whale. Profit like a Whale.

There is a difference between the average trader and a skilled trader. The average trader will trade based on their emotions—how they think and hope the market will flow. A skilled trader will trade based on how the market actually flows.

Don’t try to fight the current! Go along with it!

If you want to make money like the whales, you have to learn to think and make moves like the whales. One of the methods they use focuses on the accumulation and distribution phases of a coin. I’m not going to go much into details about accumulation and distribution, but I do recommend researching the topic to get a better understanding.

How it works:
    A skilled trader will buy into an accumulation after studying the charts, looking at the order books for certain indicators, and checking past price patterns. It is best when the coins are undervalued, and the accumulation is evident. As more and more skilled traders take notice, they too start to buy in slowly and carefully to prevent the charts from showing any major bullish candles. This is usually done days or weeks before a major event/milestone for the coin takes place. By now, you should know how much rumors/news/upcoming events can affect prices, especially in the crypto market. Buy the rumor. Sell the news!

Since average traders focus on high volume coins with huge volatility, they don't spend their time looking at low volume coins, which are usually the ones going through the accumulation phase. Why would they? It's too boring for them. They have no patience and wanted to make a profit an hour ago. Because of this, there won't be any major sell walls or resistances, so the prices are allowed to climb freely. As price continues to climb, it will eventually pump. Pump-N-Dump group leaders will have their money invested before they give the signal to their groups. As more traders take notice, they add to the pump as well. If the volume is high enough, Bittrex will have the coin featured on the front page = more FOMO buyers. Just think about it for a minute. Does it make sense to you?

I have gone through and selected a few coins on Bittrex that have accumulated and pumped right after. Notice how most of these coins don't even show up as the top 50 on coinmarketcap.

upload_2017-9-4_19-19-30.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-21-35.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-5-28.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-4-34.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-3-17.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-1-1.png

upload_2017-9-4_18-59-33.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-8-9.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-11-1.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-13-40.png

upload_2017-9-4_19-17-23.png

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Cordillerabit and Sean Louk like this.
  2. Sean Louk

Sean Louk Scholar Premium Member

Credits
    5%
    Definitely the most profit can come from riding the waves from the splashes whales make. However, how do you know which undervalued coin whales are going to pump and dump in? Is it just a guessing game and luck of the draw?

3. GuardianofCrypto

GuardianofCrypto Master of Trolls Staff Member Super Admin

Credits
    3%
    Good question. That will depend on the project's roadmaps, marketing, price history, price manipulation in the bid/ask boxes, etc. A simple but not always accurate way to figure out if a coin is undervalued is by calculating the transaction fee ratio between coins with respect to the amount of volume they receive. To answer your last question, yes it is sort of a guessing game just like investing in any other coin on the market. You can try to study the coins that have already pumped and check what factors and events were leading up to that date.

Cordillerabit and Sean Louk like this.
  4. Sean Louk

Sean Louk Scholar Premium Member

Credits
    5%
    I see. I'm sure it helps to be in a group of whales that coordinate pumps with each other too, haha.

5. Cordillerabit

Cordillerabit Contributor

Credits
    17%
    very helpful information this is big help for us especially for me as a new bee in trading not perfectly masters it. from now on i will disable the AUTO SELL on my bittrex account i will try to adopt this LIKE A WHALE METHOD thanks for this one

Sean Louk likes this.