cryptocurrency forum

DeepOnion: A weekly update

Discussion in 'Altcoin Reviews' started by Ebenezar64, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    Today are the weekly contests from DeepOnion, don't forget to check if you have won! You can find the thread here: Weekly Contests for DeepOnion

2. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DeepOnion Weekly update - 2018 Week 13
    News

Another reminder to everyone to perform the mandatory wallet update: DeepOnion V 1.6.1 Released Important Upgrade ( Mandatory Upgrade ) For more information on the release and links to the new wallet check out the linked thread. This is an update on the V1.6.0 with an important bug fix to make sure you update to THIS version and ALWAYS verify the files with DeepVault first!

Kubera, who joined the DeepOnion community last week have released a new video about DeepOnion. He covers his experiences (good and bad) with DeepOnion and some of the tech, really interesting to watch: Deep Onion - Sending Transactions Securely Through TOR

If you are new to DeepOnion and need help getting started, registering on the forum, setting up a wallet etc... Then this video is the best one I have seen so far: DeepOnion - An Introduction and Setup Guide. It starts from a really basic level and takes you all the way, worth a watch if you are new to cryptos but are interested in this project.

Upcoming
    The DeepVault Web Application and Vote Central are still under final development and will be released in the coming weeks.
    If you want a sneak peek at VoteCentral here is a video made by the DeepOnion moderators to get a feel for how VoteCentral will work: Votecental 1st Video ( Votecentral Proposals ). Especially interesting is the transparency of the Development Funds s that all members can see where the money is going and how much is left.

AirDrop
    The 37th of 40 AirDrop was delivered this week giving out a total of 293 000 $ONIONs to 900 people. If you want to know more about the AirDrop statistics check out, DeepOnion 37th AirDrop Statistics. 3 more weeks of AirDrops, it si getting close to the end of the AirDrops but even if you only manage to sign up for the last AirDrop that is around 4% interest on you coins. And remember that the last week of the AirDrop will have an extra 50 000 $ONIONs for participants.

Price Update

BitCoin $6750 -21% in last week
    DeepOnion $1.47 -22% in last week
    CloakCoin $5.07 -15% in last week
    SpectreCoin $0.37 -18% in last week

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal thoughts (not financial advice just my personal views)

The most recent bottom was broken during this week which caused a sudden drop in BitCoin and most of the ALTs. Most analyses that I have seen seems to indicate that next support is around $6k for BitCOin and we might very well visit that in the upcoming week. This might mean that ALTs will drop even lower and I can only see it as a chance to get in cheap but you never know "We might even go lower". CLoakCOin is looking really good since it is resisting the drop in BTC and falling less than many other ALTs. DeepOnion had a sudden drop this week but normally recovers during the weekend and beginning of the week.

Bear amrket continues and I try not to look at the rice too much but hold on to my long-term projects. When we get down to the $6k level I will start to move some of my BTC to ALTs since if BTC fins support the ALTs will experience a bump up. If this "bump" is temporary or not I am not sure but I might find some short-term profits to stem the losses of the alst few weeks.

3. criptobitco

criptobitco Contributor

Credits
    7%
    It's interesting whether there will be more similar projects?

4. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    There are many other similar projects/coins: Monero, ZCash, ZCoin, Verge, Spectre etc... but among them all I like DeepOnion the best since they try to provide the absolute best in the way of protection by combing the best existing techniques for privacy protection and then building ontop of that platform with applications such as: DeepVault, VoteCentral etc...

5. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    Extra Important News from DeepOnion this Week
    Do NOT use Stealth Addresses with Wallet V1.6.1. Currently this is not working on the Main-net. The fork went of as planned but an issue has been discovered with the Stealth Address functionality. Another Wallet version update has been released with some new features but please hold on using Stealth Addresses until further information is given by DeepOnion team. This update is not mandatory but highly recommended: DeepOnion V 1.6.2 Released Important Upgrade

If you want to find out more about the issue regarding the Stealth Addresses please look to this DeepOnion thread: Don't Use Stealth Addresses
    If you have already used Stealth Addresses nothing is lost and there is exist a small technical tutorial (by developer brakmic) that you can follow to get back you $ONIONs.

Personal thoughts
    Not the best news but not fully unexpected when launching big features. Apparently, everything worked fine on the Testnet but something went wrong on the launch on the Mainnet and to fix it another fork will be needed. In order not to inconvenience the community the developers will wait to combine Stealth Addresses with another upcoming feature at a later date. The response from the developers and the community has been immediate and it shows that they are working on it. I am still looking forward to Stealth Addresses and believe that we will see them in action soon.

6. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    While browsing the DeepOnion forum today I wanted to share two things that I found:
    1. A really cool story written by one DeepOnion member who has been in it from the beginning: "dortang" has participated in all the 37 AirDrops since the beginning of DeepOnion and he shares his journey in this article: Down The Onion Memory Lane. The True Story Of A 40 Week Airdrop Participant. It makes me wish I had found DeepOnion earlier but it also inspired me, feel free to check it out.
    2. This is something that came out a few weeks ago but that I forgot to share here and that is the new music video made by Alphacoco. A cool parody rap song about DeepOnion that brought a smile to my face on a rough workday. Have a listen if this is your kind of music: Onions Got Hot.
    Hope you all have had a nice Easter Holiday and are back in full swing with crypto trading and scoping out new projects!

7. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    DeepOnion Weekly update - 2018 Week 14
    News

Another reminder to everyone to NOT use Stealth Addresses yet. Also please perform the recommended wallet update: DeepOnion V 1.6.2 Released Important Upgrade
    There is going to be another Live DeepOnion Q&A with 2000 $ONIONs up for grab. Make sure to join on 22nd of April! For more info check out the DeepOnion forum link: Themonkii's DeepOnion Q&a 4.0

Kubera has come out with another video on TOR and meeting the real Question: DeepOnion: Is Tor Traceable?

Upcoming
    The DeepVault Web Application and Vote Central are still under final development and maybe they are syncing some of this with the last AirDrop coming in two weeks (that is just my speculation)

AirDrop
    The 38th of 40 AirDrop was delivered this week giving out a total of 290 000 $ONIONs to 892 people. If you want to know more about the AirDrop statistics check out, DeepOnion 38th AirDrop Statistics. 2 more weeks of AirDrops, it is getting close to the end of the AirDrops. Remember that the last week of the AirDrop will have an extra 50 000 $ONIONs for participants.

Price Update

BitCoin $6942 +3% in last week
    DeepOnion $1.53 +4% in last week
    CloakCoin $5.58 +10% in last week
    SpectreCoin $0.32 -14% in last week

This last week have had a drop in BTC and a drop in the ALTs but in the last few days BTC has jumped back up and dragged the ALTs with them. As you can see both DeepOnion and CloakCoin are jumping up together with BTC. Expecially CloakCoin are showing strength as soon as BTC starts to jump up.

I also think that DeepOnion is getting ready to jump up, you ahve to remember that every week most DeepOnion holders get 4% extra in interest from AirDrops. This will only continue for two more weeks and then demand for $ONIONs will rise and I think the next goal will be to get listed on some bigger exchanges. If/when this happens is when DeepOnion will really take off.

So right now I am trying to figure out when the market will turn around so I know when to start accumulating even more in DeepOnion and CloakCoin since both are looking strong. But is this the bottom or are BTC going even lower?! That is the big quesiton :). Let me know your views!

8. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    DeepOnion developers are keeping very active right now. They have come out with another wallet update. This is just a maintenance update so it is not mandatory but has some nice updates. One of the major updates is that it is integrated with the latest TOR update: version0.3.3.4-Alpha. To find out more and to download the latest wallet update go to: DeepOnion V 1.6.3 Released (latest Tor)

And always remember to verify the files with DeepVault before installing :)

9. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    If you didn't know DeepOnion donates a part of the AirDrop every week (for the last 15 weeks) to charities. This week they are donating to Wikileaks and the Tor project. To see the donation amounts (always a fixed amount of 200 $ONIONs) and more information check out this thread: DeepOnion Weekly World Peace Donation Event

I think stuff like this is great, it shows the commitment of the DeepOnion project to not only make money but support projects/charities that are appreciated by the community. The 200 $ONION might not seem like much right now but at ATH that was a weekly donation of close to 4000 USD.

10. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    Exciting times with BitCoin jumping up 15% in the last 24 hours! Is it a bullrun or a trap?! Only time will tell!

The 39th Deeponion AirDDrop goes off today so only one more week of AirDrops left and if this is the start of the bullrun then this might be the time to get in.
    Some other awesome news from DeepOnion today: mrchef111 has released his 2:nd episode in his DeepOnion StarTrek saga. I have already watched it and I love his work. This is probably his best video so far (I might be biased since I love Star Trek and cryptos). I would highly recommend you check it out: Star Trek DeepOnion | Destination Airdrop

Look forward to the weekly update during the weekend, I am guessing the price update is going to be '+' for the first time in a while. And let me know if you have any questions!

11. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    DeepOnion Weekly update - 2018 Week 15
    News

The development team from DeepOnion is staying active. They have released a new desktop wallet. Not a mandatory upgrade but the new wallet is integrated with latest TOR version: 0.3.3.4-Alpha. You can find more info and download the wallet here: DeepOnion V 1.6.3 Released (latest Tor)

The application form for VoteCentral is now up on the DeepOnion Website. It is not possible to apply yet but on April 20th the form will be unlocked for registratino. Make sure you sign up for this since nothing like VoteCentral has been done before in the crypto space and I think it is going to be groundbreaking. To learn how to sign up you can go to this DeepOnion forum thread: Final Airdrop & New Beginning And Votecentral Application Link.
    If you want to go directly to the VoteCentral sign-up page you can find it here: https://deeponion.org/community/applyvotecentral.php Note: Registration doesn't open until April 20th

Upcoming
    Some very nice things are upcoming for DeepOnion. A moderator, Deeper, created a thread on what is to come: VoteCentral, new website, DeepVault WebApp, DeepPoints and more. Check it out here: Very Good Things To Come Soon DeepOnion Is Great
    Further commercial plug-ins like WooCOmmerece are being developed, nearest are for: Prestashop and OpenCart. DeepOnion is really aiming to be commercially used to gain general adoption.
    DeepOnion is also on the voting list for some exchanges: CoinPulse, Zironex, CryptalDash, Quanta to mention a few. So help support and vote for DeepOnion here:
    1.) DeepOnion on Coinpulse
    https://request.coinpulse.io/suggestions/5986/deeponion

2.) DeepOnion on Cryptaldash
    https://www.cryptaldash.com/new-coin-listing?search=deeponion

3.) DeepOnion on Zironex
    https://zironexcoinlist.featureupvote.com/suggestions/7092/deeponion-onion

4) DeepOnion on Quanta
    https://quantadex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360003187032-Deep-Onion

AirDrop
    The 39th of 40 AirDrop was delivered this week giving out a total of 295,014 $ONIONs to 874 people. If you want to know more about the AirDrop statistics check out, DeepOnion 39th AirDrop Statistics. 1 final weeks of AirDrops, it is getting close to the end of this amazing campaign but it is only the start of the DeepOnion project. Remember that the last week of the AirDrop will have an extra 50 000 $ONIONs for participants.

Price Update

BitCoin $7971 +15% in last week
    DeepOnion $1.86 +22% in last week
    CloakCoin $10.95 +96% in last week
    SpectreCoin $0.39 +22% in last week

Amazing run-up this week with 15% up for BTC and that have made the ALTs have nice green indicators. I have been talking that CLoakCoin have been looking good and that it as soon as the market turns around it might have a nice recovery, well this week it had a 100% run-up. For those that bought in at the bottom congrats! I think we might see a bit of a retracement on CloakCoin so I wouldn't buy in now. Especially if this BTC jump is a bull-trap then CloakCoin could drop dramatically again.

Both DeepOnion and Spectre are mostly following the overall market movements without anything really special. I think for DeepOnion, many are awaiting what will happen after next week with the last AirDrop and the release of VoteCentral. I am super excited about the project and the future so I am HODL. If this really is a start of a longer bull-run I think DeepOnion is in a very good position to take off in the near future towards ATH, it only takes the right person to tweet about it or make a video about it for it to do like Verge or so many other coins.

But remember, nothing in crypto is a guarantee, the market could turn around, interests could go another way so DYOR and stay objective. I am in it for the long-term and try to ignore the dips/spikes that happen daily. But it is also nice to see green once in a while :). Hope you ahve a nice week and next week is the final AirDrop for DeepOnion and I hope you can join. Also don't miss out on the live Q&A with themonkii on April 22:nd Themonkii's DeepOnion Q&a 4.0. with 2000 $ONOINs in giveaways during the event.

12. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    As the launch of the Deepvault Webapp comes closer and closer it is important to think about the possibilities of this amazing application:
    1. File verification for legal documentation: private and buisness
    2. Preventing malware in .exe programs
    3. Used by musicians to protect against copyright infringement
    A moderator on the deeponion forum started an amazing thread on how Deepvault could be used as: DeepVault as a programming tool. Just think that developers could be able to offer downloadable files, verified by Deepvault. no more worrying if second or third-parties have injected malware, viruses, etc... If this tool can start to get adoption it would mean fast and real usecases for $ONIONs which is a major milestone of any crypto!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 3:32 AM
  13. Vigme86

Vigme86 Contributor

Credits
    9%
    And here we are, week nr. 40, time flies, it appears like a wonderful run, I'm gonna miss those ONIONs which every Friday have joined theirs siblings on my wallet :D, but it seems also like the beginning of a new era. Having a weekly increase of the money supply on the market, price have definitely suffered about that, also there's VoteCentral which is coming :D, it's the beginning of a new era.

14. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    Yeah it is new era that is starting for DeepOnion. I think many are going to miss the weekly 4% gains on their holdings but that also means that supply is going to be limited and no more inflation (except for PoS staking). Could there be a temporary drop as some people sell off some coins at the end of the AirDrop?! Yes, I think that is a possibility but that will be a "one-time-event" with a temporary drop. After that the people holding won't want to sell for cheap. The current drop in price, 90% from ATH, could be a good thing since it prevent massive dumps. Not many people will want to sell at these levels since the potential for higher price is evident, so I think this final AirDrop might even result in an increase in the price, looking at a week after.
    It is going to be super interesting and looking forward to the final AirDrop this Friday!

15. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Contributor

Credits
    93%
    Further interesting news today. DeepOnion has been added to CoinDeal. you can now trade DeepOnion on CoinDeal here. DeepOnion is being added to more and more exchanges and even though volumes aren't so big it is because this is still an early stage project. I think/hope that when the ball really gets rolling and it gets more exposure (like a bigger listing or similar) then volumes will pick up accross all exchanges. Right now it is good that the option for trading $ONIONs exist so this is definetly good news!

16. Jayko

Jayko Contributor

Credits
    56%
    This honestly makes me want to begin to trade on coin deal... Cool, man!

SnakeGamer likes this.