cryptocurrency forum

Best alt coins?

Discussion in 'Altcoin Reviews' started by Jake Terry, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Do you think Ripple will reach a 6-7 USD ceiling sometime this year?

1. Yes

47.6%
  2. No

52.4%
  1. Jake Terry

Jake Terry Contributor

Credits
    30%
    I'm fairly new to the crypto currency world. In fact I just started sometime in December. Anyway I was curious everyone's thoughts on the best alternative coin. Additionally what are your views on coins like Ripple, Verge, Lumen?

2. MAGA

MAGA Master of Crypto Staff Member Super Admin Premium Member

Credits
    2%
    My absolute favorite right now is Syscoin. Very undervalued when compared to a lot of garbage vaporware out right now. Like a few others too but that's my main one.

Not a huge fan of XRP due to it being backed by banks. Verge was a pump and dump, doesn't really bring anything new to the table for privacy although I wish I had kept the ones I bought at 10 satoshi for an insane gain lol. Lumen seems interesting, I hear they will be bringing out an exchange called Fairex that will list a ton of alts with a fiat pairing, if that happens Coinbase is fucked lol

Jake Terry and xyzzy like this.
  3. xyzzy

xyzzy Master of None Staff Member Super Admin

Credits
    91%
    I recently got into APPC, which has been making me money so far. I'm in Syscoin, too. Siacoin is another worthy mention. So many to choose from, and there are new, hyped coins every day, but I try to stick to coins that I think have potential value from a technological standpoint.

Jake Terry likes this.
  4. Jake Terry

Jake Terry Contributor

Credits
    30%
    Interesting well damn sucks verge was a pump and dump and yeah it sucks XRP is backed by banks some but at the same time I don't care as long as I get money XD yeah I know selfish a bit but you gotta be these days.

5. Jake Terry

Jake Terry Contributor

Credits
    30%
    Always a good idea. My brother gave me a tip to look into the coin look at the website see what it's about see if there's value in that and check the news or research stuff to see how valuable it could be. Also look at the staff and see how big it is.

6. MAGA

MAGA Master of Crypto Staff Member Super Admin Premium Member

Credits
    2%
    Yeah I'll also jump on a hype coin for a quick gain sometimes, who doesn't like making more money lol, but there's very few coins I can buy and hold for months without getting anxious that they'll be worth 1/10th what I bought at lol

Jake Terry likes this.
  7. Baklavinho

Baklavinho Beginner

Credits
    20%
    Hy guys,

I was researching and few coins came under my eye. These are:
    - Link
    - Fun
    - Powr
    - Dentacoin

could anyone cross-share thoughts regarding mentioned coins?

Jake Terry likes this.
  8. Shren Coastapps

Shren Coastapps Contributor

Credits
    32%
    I Think Ripple/ XRP, Cardano, NEO are the best Altcoins

Jake Terry likes this.
  9. crypto stocks

crypto stocks Contributor

Credits
    28%
    ETH, Ripple xrp, and stellar lumens xlm

There are a lot of great coins. It depends on your strategy. There are high risk seeking aggressive gains and then there are best of th best hold forever coins.

When I am able to I'll post some of my coin reviews

10. PvK

PvK Contributor

Credits
    11%
    Some underappreciated coins for which there is a proven, working product, and which are technically top notch are XSPEC (SpectreCoin: IMHO best privacy coin out there, beating the "big ones" in technology features) and COSS (an exchange, which integrates some features in the real economy).

11. CryptoSkraps

CryptoSkraps Contributor

Credits
    11%
    I gonna try some and see how it goes never invest money you can't afford to lose.

12. PvK

PvK Contributor

Credits
    11%
    I never understand why people pay for mining cryptocoins, but they do (if you had a super mining rig, would you sell some mining power for x if by mining you can make 2 times x??)

So in general, I believe selling mining contracts is a scam ... and because it's a scam that still works, maybe this ICO can be successful.

13. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Scholar

Credits
    3%
    As most people don't like the centralization of XRP but you can't doubt its usefulness and adaption. Not many cryptos (except the really big ones) have the kind of adaption that XRP does. It could very well be a highly valued crypto despite what everyone thinks so it might not be a bad hold. I don't think it will hit 5-6$ but stay around $2 for a while. It had a crazy run but my view has always been on 1-2$ in 2018.

14. pangu

pangu Beginner

Credits
    30%
    Iota has a big future..

rgler70 likes this.
  15. Ebenezar64

Ebenezar64 Scholar

Credits
    3%
    A lot of coins have a bright future but it all depends on what is going to be "popular" in the next few months. With the FUD going on with Crypto Bans, tax regulations and Net Neutrality I think Privacy is going to be the keyword of 2018.
    In the privacy space you can't really go wrong with some of the bigger ones: Monero, Dash and PivX (I choose PivX in front of ZCash and ZCoin because it has better fees and faster block times). But I also think you can find some really good small-caps that will grow large. I am looking at DeepOnion and maybe CloakCoin as two possibilities for the 50-100x gains.

16. Dave

Dave Contributor

Credits
    24%
    I've put money into Ripple/XRP and I'm putting more in today while the price is still low.

It's on the move today, making gains.

I must point out that I'm in it for long term gain (hopefully), I'm willing to wait months or even years.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  17. Dave

Dave Contributor

Credits
    24%
    As I write this Ripple/XRP has gained just over 20% ;)

18. CryptoRyuzaki

CryptoRyuzaki Scholar

Credits
    19%
    Good going Dave! All the best :)

19. Dave

Dave Contributor

Credits
    24%
    Thanks CryptoRyuzaki, it hasn't gained anymore than the 20% but it seems to be holding.

Hope it's good news for the whole Crypto Market, hope things start moving in the right direction, onwards and upwards!

20. Dave

Dave Contributor

Credits
    24%
    Crypto market is looking healthier this morning (that's morning in Europe), most of the currencies showing green. Let's hope it continues.

It all seems to go pear shaped when our transatlantic friends wake up and start trading! Best ban them from the exchanges!

Only joking. ;)